Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

ROCK MUSIC


This is an article about Rock Music! Most of u will think this is a crap cuz everyone knows what is rock music!! But, In INDIA there is more mis-conception than conception about Rock.

At the beginning of this article, I want to say that there is no particular definition of Rock Music. This article is based on my take on Rock. Yours may be different. You can go ahead and write your own in the ‘comments’ box.

FOR ME, Rock Music is not just a genre of music. But, Its a combination of philosophy and music. It’s a lifestyle. Its the way I think about things around me. From politics to superstition to Love. Anything, in my way. That’s why I always say that ROCK cannot have a particular definition. In any other form of music, this is not possible because, in my opinion, they don’t have such philosophy.

Some people (especially in India) say, that Rock is not a serious form of Music because its very loud and don’t soothe their ears. To those people, I want to ask a question- When do you talk loud or scream? Its when you are in an extreme position. The same happens to rock. Its about Revolution. And, in revolution you can’t be in a low mode. You have to be extreme cuz you have to change the world. When I can’t tolerate something and want to break-free, that’s Rock to me.

Now-a-days, youngsters (I am too, but not among them) think that rock is all about Long hairs, screaming & drugs. This is completely a mis-conception. Of course, Rock is loud. But, it is not meaningless. 

So, I’ve finished my article. Maybe, its quite boring to you. Do give your comments.

2 comments:

  1. pretty good job man...!! our views about rock music are more or less same.. :) it'd be gr8 if a blog named EVOLUTION of rock is created...

    cheers bro...!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @biplab I'm writing about it now. Evolution of Rock is complicated , so it'll take some time. But, its on its way. Keep visiting my blog..

    ReplyDelete